Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Friesenheim

Desolate day,
raining ,
cold and windy
not good for a  funeral
a friend of my brother's
a lovely women I met
for the first time?
or the second
with her husband
friend of my brother's
at the latter's last birthday in Feb
she was so sweet to me
so were they both
I felt fond of them
who knew it'll be the last time.
They seemed happy
now he is distraught
having lost
his companion of 58 years.
When I told him,
there in a room full of flowers,
about our last encounter
he said
I'll have to come by myself
next time
next time
when there will be a next time.
Room filled with old people
the young grand children the exception
many friends missing
she was at their last good byes
too cold and miserable for those
who can barely make it
through the doors.
It was cold
and miserable
but worth
the little comfort
for a few seconds
to his pain,
their pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment